Who am I?
- Name: Joanne Lai
- Date of birth: 21 December 1988
- Nationality: Canadian
- Address: 302-1180 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam BC
- Phone: 778-288-3499
- Email: email@example.com
Position with Amazon Vancouver
Dear Hiring Manager at Amazon:
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position UX Designer (ID:330383) or Marketing Specialist, Affiliate (ID:352130). As a web professional with over 7 years of experience, I know my diverse skills and qualifications will make me an asset to the Amazon team.
My passion lies in e-commerce and the psychology of impulse buying and interaction. My experience developing profitable e-commerce websites has allowed me to witness what makes and breaks a website as I have analyzed end-user's on-site journeys from the moment they click an ad to the end of the check-out system. I have also worked with a multitude of corporate companies, designing and assisting in development of e-commerce or showcase websites. I would be greatly interested in roles where I can work alongside designers, web developers, and other designers to develop engaging design solutions to provide the best possible experience for customers at Amazon.
2014 August - 2015 Ongoing
Building an E-Commerce Empire
Over $70,000 USD in Revenue in First Year of Operations
The World of Dropshipping
With an increasing interest in e-commerce and online marketing, I found myself drawn to creating my own e-commerce sites. I have a passion in user interaction online with a focus on e-commerce websites. In my free time, I enjoy researching on the psychology of impulse buying and how to increase conversion rates.
- Extensive Experimentation with Google Adwords & Google Analytics
- Usage of Landing Pages & E-mail Marketing to Gain Hits
- Re-creation of Multiple Websites to increase conversion
- Ordering & Shipping
- Gained Understanding of how Customers Work
Woocommerce Report #1
Niche Cat Products
My Professional Background
2009 September - 2015
2009-2015 Founder, Designer, Developer
I am an interactive designer and developer with 6 years of commercial expertise in delivering high quality websites. With academic experience in Simon Fraser University in Interactive Arts & Technology and a passion in entrepreneurship, I engaged in freelance web design while in school. After a successful phase of providing freelance web development to multiple clients in Vancouver, I founded Gyro Web Solutions within a year of freelancing. I consistently exceeded the requirements and expectations of my clients and their customers. To date, I have created websites for Canda Six Fortune, a subsidiary company of LOBLAWS, and VINOSCENTI, Canada's largest wine educators and many more. With increasing clients, I eventually went on to manage a contracted team of 3 people and aimed to offer a full-service agency, including photography, SEO services, and copywriting.
- Responsible for design, creation, and maintenance of corporate websites
- Work closely with senior executives to revamp or develop websites as well as identify technical issues
- Build positive relationships with clients by delivery work beyond expectations as well as effective communication
- Conducted presentations on building and promoting websites
- Managed Contract Staff of three.
- Utilized various web tools, such as HTML, CSS, PHP, JQUERY on CMS such as Wordpress.
- Utilized Design Tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver.
2014 September - 2015 October
2014-2015 Project Manager & UX Designer
PhiveSix is a company founded with focus in e-commerce and online marketing including design, implementation and management of all online materials. My role in the company was to manage a small team of developers and designers to satisfy client demands.
- Leading the team for e-commerce developments
- Develop websites that can increase traffic and sales
- Implement payment gateways
- Analyze timelines and what-if scenarios
- Gain knowledge of online marketing strategies
- Worked with uploading CSVs with thousands of products
- Outsourced labour necessary for efficient completion of projects
2012 September - 2015 December
JS IMPORTS LTD
JS IMPORTS LTD is a Canadian Business specializing in the supply of seasonal home decor to retailers in Canada. Proud Exhibitor at the Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver Gift Shows.
- Responsible for online sales and all marketing and product promotions.
- Set up Retail Establishments at Coquitlam Centre & Bentall Centre.
- Featured on CTV News & Retail News Magazine
- Maintained wholesale website with over 3000 skus
- Notable clients include Big White Ski Resort, UBC Botanical Garden & Anthrpology, Pharmasave (Victoria), Vandusen Gardens & More
- Ability to maintain strong customer relationships for recurring orders.
- Order Processing, Inventory Control, Customer Invoicing & Maintaining General Well Being of Business
Co-Founder at JS IMPORTS Ltd.
Phone Number: 778 384 8531
Owner at PHIVESIX Marketing
Phone Number: 604 657 8143
Info Tech at CANDA SIX FORTUNE
Phone Number: 604 432 9000 Ext: 2283
Dr Clinton Lee
Instructor at BC WINE SCHOOL
Phone Number: 778 881 0188
What I’m best at
Skills & Knowledge
- Wordpress Theme Development
- Website Optimization + Cross Browser Capabilities
- Mobile Compatibility
- SEO & Google Analytics
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Management Systems
- Landing Page Design
- E-mail Marketing Campaigns
My latest work
Hire Joanne Lai
With Passion in Online E-Commerce and experience in the industry, I believe I am the ideal Candidate for the position!
- 302-1180 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam BC